When we are shopping for new riding clothing there are a few things we may think about, such as practicality, style and fit, but the material it’s made of is also very important.
We have decided to use organic cotton for our Slogan Tees, but why did we choose organic? What is the benefit?
- Believe it or not, but conventional cotton actually accounts for 25% of all insecticides and 10% of pesticides used in the whole world!
- It has been recorded that pesticides unintentionally kill at least 67 million birds a year in the US alone
- The chemicals can run off the plants during heavy rain, poisoning lakes and water ways, as a result pesticide residue has been in food, farm animals and even breast milk!
- The chemicals are responsible for thousands of cases of cancer
How it benefits the Farmers
- Conventional cotton production leads to poisoning which can cause various health problems for the farmers
- Organic cotton ensures better health for the farming families
- Failed chemical crop production has led to a rise in suicides of farmers in debt in India, however, the input costs for organic cotton reduce over time which enables farmers to stay debt free.
How it benefits you!
- Chemicals used in conventional cotton farming is harmful to us, it can be the cause of rashes, headaches and dizziness.
- Organic cotton is much softer that regular cotton, making it really comfy to wear!
- Organic cotton is also hypoallergenic so perfect if you have allergies
- Believed to reduce respiratory problems due to the lack of chemicals used
Overall, promoting organic production of crops including cotton and food will have a positive affect on both us and our environment ❤️